I actually use the shrimp from this recipe in tacos and they are a hit! I use corn tortillas, chihuahua cheese, shredded lettuce, guac and salsa. DELICIOUS!
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 4 ounces shrimp and 1/2 cup rice mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt and next 4 ingredients (1/4 teaspoon salt through black pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, turning once. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tequila and 1 tablespoon cilantro; cook 1 minute.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and lime juice; pour over rice, tossing to coat. Serve shrimp over rice mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note