I actually use the shrimp from this recipe in tacos and they are a hit! I use corn tortillas, chihuahua cheese, shredded lettuce, guac and salsa. DELICIOUS!
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 419
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 10.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Protein: 37.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 259mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 548mg
- Calcium: 104mg
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt and next 4 ingredients (1/4 teaspoon salt through black pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal and shake to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, turning once. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tequila and 1 tablespoon cilantro; cook 1 minute.
- Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and lime juice; pour over rice, tossing to coat. Serve shrimp over rice mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This