- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges (optional)
- calories 419
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- fat 10.1 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- monofat 2.1 g
- polyfat 5.2 g
- protein 37.5 g
- carbohydrate 31.5 g
- fiber 0.6 g
- cholesterol 259 mg
- iron 4.4 mg
- sodium 548 mg
- calcium 104 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
While rice cooks, combine 1/4 teaspoon salt and next 4 ingredients (1/4 teaspoon salt through black pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal and shake to coat.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes, turning once. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tequila and 1 tablespoon cilantro; cook 1 minute.
Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and lime juice; pour over rice, tossing to coat. Serve shrimp over rice mixture. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.