YUM!!!! These shrimp are great! I'm not usually a big fan of cooking with tequila but this time I couldn't tell it was in there. I did this a little different though. I marinated the shrimp with a little extra Tabasco, and cooked them in a grill pan on the stovetop. Then I cooked down the marinade till it was a bit thicker and poured it on top of the shrimp. It was delicious! I didn't make the rice...wasn't that hungry, just ate the shrimp and had to force myself to not eat the whole pound. It was so good. I can't wait to try this on the grill.
Tequila-Lime Shrimp With Cilantro Rice
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 30g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 210mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 399mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon bottled chipotle sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 24 large shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails on (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 8 (6-inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for at least 10 minutes
- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 lime wedges
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Prepare grill.
- 3. Combine tequila and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a medium bowl. Add shrimp; toss well to coat, and let stand 10 minutes. Thread 3 shrimp onto each skewer, reserving remaining marinade.
- 4. Coat grill with vegetable oil; place skewers on grill. Cover and cook on medium-high heat 4 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade. Turn skewers; brush again. Cover and grill 3-4 more minutes or till shrimp are opaque.
- 5. Meanwhile, transfer the rice to a medium bowl; stir in salt and 4 tablespoons cilantro. Spoon 3/4 cup rice onto each of 4 serving plates; top each with 2 skewers and remaining cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes