Tequila-Lime Seafood Kebabs
Note: If you use wooden skewers, presoak them in water 30 minutes to keep them from burning on the grill.
Yield: Makes 9 servings
- 8 ounces unpeeled, large fresh shrimp
- 8 ounces grouper fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces fresh snow peas
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnish: lime wedges
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein, if desired.
- Coat 12-inch metal skewers with cooking spray. Alternately thread shrimp, grouper, salmon, snow peas, bell pepper, and pineapple on skewers. Place kebabs in a shallow dish.
- Combine lime rind and next 7 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over kebabs. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove kebabs from marinade. Grill, with lid closed, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes with a fork. (During grilling, baste occasionally with marinade.)
- Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes