Tequila-Flambéed Bananas With Coconut Ice Cream
Ralph Anderson; William Dickey; Lisa Powell Bailey, Buffey Hargett; Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup firmly packed DOMINO Light or Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup FLORIDA'S NATURAL Brand Premium Orange Juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 unpeeled bananas with green tips
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 2 pt. coconut ice cream
- Melt butter with next 5 ingredients in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until blended. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Peel bananas, and cut in half lengthwise. Add bananas, and cook 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in tequila, and carefully ignite the fumes just above mixture with a long match or long multipurpose lighter. Let flames die down.
- Return skillet to heat, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bananas are soft and liquid is caramelized, spooning sauce over bananas. Serve bananas and sauce immediately over coconut ice cream.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used All Natural Boulder Island Coconut Ice Cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts