Tequila Barbecued Spareribs
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 721
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 40g
- Fat: 41g
- Saturated fat: 15g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 311mg
- Cholesterol: 161mg
- 3 pounds pork spareribs, fat trimmed
- 1 cup tequila barbecue sauce
- 1. Rinse ribs and pat dry. Arrange in a single layer in an 11- by 17-inch pan. Add 3/4 cup water; cover tightly with foil.
- 2. Bake in a 425° oven until meat is tender when pierced, 40 to 45 minutes. Lift ribs out. Skim and discard fat and save juices for other uses, or discard.
- 3. Place ribs on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning as needed, until ribs are browned on both sides, about 10 minutes total.
- 4. Set aside 1/4 cup of the sauce. Baste tops of ribs with about half the remaining sauce; turn over and brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Baste other sides of ribs with remaining sauce; turn over and brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5. Transfer to a board; cut between ribs and serve with reserved 1/4 cup sauce to add to taste. Add salt to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes