Tennessee Spiced Round Of Beef
- 1 ( 12-pound) spiced beef round
- 1 cup sorghum molasses
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Ripe olives (optional)
- Pimiento-stuffed olives (optional)
- Spiced crab apples (optional)
- Horseradish-Mustard Sauce
- Soak beef round in cold water 1 hour; drain and rinse well. Wrap beef securely in cheesecloth; place on a rack in a large stock pot, and cover with water. Add molasses; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours or until beef is tender. (Allow 15 minutes of cooking time per pound of meat. )
- Remove stock pot from heat; set aside. Allow beef to cool completely in cooking liquid in stock pot. Remove from cooking liquid; discard cooking liquid. Chill beef round overnight. Remove cheesecloth. Trim darkened outside areas.
- Transfer beef round to a serving platter. Cover top with parsley, and garnish with olives and crab apples, if desired. Cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices; serve with Horseradish- Mustard Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This