Tennessee Jam Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
- 1 cup(s) butter softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1 cup(s) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup(s) seedless blackberry jam
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup(s) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup(s) butter
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup(s) powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8-10 min until toasted, stirring halfway through. Cool completely. Reduce oven temp. to 325.
- Beat granulated sugar and 1 cup butter at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour & next 5 ingredients. Stir together buttermilk and baking soda. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Add jam and vanilla, and beat just until blended. Stir in toasted pecans.
- Pour batter into greased and floured Bundt pan. Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake on wire rack.
- Frosting: bring brown sugar, whipping cream and butter to a boil in saucepan, whisking constantly, boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla. Gradually whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Gently stir 3-5 minutes or until mixture begins to cool and thicken; immediately pour frosting over cooled cake.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Toniahooper and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tennessee Jam Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings