Tennessee Jam Cake
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup blackberry jam
- Quick Caramel Frosting
- Beat the first 6 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Scrape down sides, and beat at medium speed 2 more minutes until well blended, stopping to scrape down sides, if needed. Pour batter evenly into 2 (9-inch) round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 26 to 28 minutes or until cakes are light brown and spring back when pressed with your finger.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Place one layer on a serving platter, and spread 1/2 cup of jam on top of layer. Spread warm Quick Caramel Frosting smoothly over jam. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top and sides of cake with remaining Quick Caramel Frosting, working quickly before the frosting hardens. (If frosting becomes too hard to spread, place it over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.) Let cake stand 10 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Knott's Berry Farm Blackberry Jam.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts