Instead of fish eggs, this Southern version of caviar features down-home veggies. Make it a day ahead for the best flavor.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 (15.8-ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11-ounce) can yellow corn with red and green bell peppers
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup hot picante sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Tortilla chips
- Rinse and drain peas and corn.
- Stir together peas, corn, tomatoes, and next 5 ingredients in a serving bowl; cover and chill at least 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note