Excellent! We will definitely make this again. Relatively simple and not too long to make.
Tennessee Burger with Bourbon and BBQ Sauce
We describe the Tennessee Burger with Bourbon and BBQ Sauce as a Southern triple threat--loaded with bacon, BBQ, and bourbon.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 44 Minutes
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 22.1g
- Carbohydrate: 36.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 5 tablespoons bourbon, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) French bread hamburger buns
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Add oil and onion to drippings in pan; cook 15 minutes or until onion is browned and very tender, stirring occasionally. Add 3 tablespoons bourbon, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from pan. Cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons bourbon, ketchup, and next 7 ingredients (through onion powder) in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Coarsely chop 3/4 cup onion mixture; stir into beef. Divide beef mixture into 6 equal portions, gently shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in center of each patty. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 5. Spread each top and bottom bun half with 1 tablespoon sauce. Place patties on bottom halves; top each patty with 1 tomato slice. Divide remaining onion mixture evenly among servings. Top each serving with 1/2 bacon slice and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note