Excellent! We will definitely make this again. Relatively simple and not too long to make.
Tennessee Burger with Bourbon and BBQ Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Total: 44 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 22.1g
- Carbohydrate: 36.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 544mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 3 bacon slices
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups vertically sliced red onion
- 5 tablespoons bourbon, divided
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 pounds 90% lean ground sirloin
- Cooking spray
- 6 (1 1/2-ounce) French bread hamburger buns
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato
- 1. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan. Add oil and onion to drippings in pan; cook 15 minutes or until onion is browned and very tender, stirring occasionally. Add 3 tablespoons bourbon, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates, stirring constantly. Remove mixture from pan. Cool 5 minutes.
- 2. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons bourbon, ketchup, and next 7 ingredients (through onion powder) in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove from heat.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 4. Coarsely chop 3/4 cup onion mixture; stir into beef. Divide beef mixture into 6 equal portions, gently shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in center of each patty. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 5. Spread each top and bottom bun half with 1 tablespoon sauce. Place patties on bottom halves; top each patty with 1 tomato slice. Divide remaining onion mixture evenly among servings. Top each serving with 1/2 bacon slice and top half of bun.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note