A very simple but delicious meal. I used Merlot instead of the vinegar and served with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
Tenderloin Steaks with Red Onion Marmalade
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 289
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 32.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12.6g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 369mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, sliced and separated into rings (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed (1 inch thick)
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Add vinegar, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes or until slightly thick, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, thyme, and pepper evenly over beef. Place beef on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with onion mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note