Tender Duck Breast
Photo: Tina Cornett; Styling: Leslie Byars Simpson
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 duck breast halves, skinned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 1/3-pound) savoy cabbage
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Rub duck breast halves with olive oil; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon pepper. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Heat peanut oil in a skillet over high heat. Sprinkle duck with salt; cook 2 minutes, turning once. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 20 minutes or until done, turning once. Slice and keep warm.
- Core cabbage, and cut into 3/4-inch slices.
- Melt butter or margarine in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to loosen browned particles. Add cabbage; cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until tender. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon pepper; serve with duck.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes