Tempura Vegetable Crudités
Beer lightens the batter here, making this a good appetizer to serve with your favorite ale (or more of that same beer). The cake flour gives the coating a lighter texture.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 198
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Protein: 2.3g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sodium: 177mg
- Cholesterol: 3.1mg
- About 6 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 cup light beer or amber ale
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- About 1 lb. precut vegetables, such as peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli florets from the salad bar or a stir-fry mix
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1. Heat oil in a wide pot over high heat until it reaches 350° on a deep-fry thermometer. Reduce heat to low. Whisk flour, beer, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne together in a medium bowl. Working in 2 batches and using tongs, drop vegetables into batter and then into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Mix mayonnaise and mustard together and serve on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note