My family LOVED these tacos! My husband said I hit the Jack Pot with this and my son said I hit it out of the ball park! It was quick and easy too! Can't wait to fix these for friends and family!
Tempura Shrimp Tacos
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Missie Neville Crawford
More From Southern Living
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (31/35 count)
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- 3/4 cup cold light beer
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- Vegetable oil
- 12 (6-inch) fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
- Mexi-Coleslaw Mix
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes, diced avocados, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Whisk together tempura batter mix, beer, and fajita seasoning in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325°. Dip shrimp in tempura batter, shaking off excess. Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- 4. Serve in warm tortillas with Mexi-Coleslaw Mix and desired toppings.
- Note: We tested with McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura Seafood Batter Mix.
- Tempura Shrimp Salad: Omit tortillas. Prepare 2 batches of Mexi-Coleslaw Mix as directed. Proceed with Tempura Shrimp Tacos recipe as directed through Step 3. Place Mexi-Coleslaw Mix in a serving bowl; top with shrimp. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes