Tempura Shrimp Salad
Make coleslaw up to 24 hours in advance to jump-start this recipe.
More From Southern Living
Other: 5 Minutes
- 1 pound unpeeled, large raw shrimp (31/35 count)
- 1 cup tempura batter mix
- 3/4 cup cold light beer
- 2 teaspoons fajita seasoning mix
- Vegetable oil
- 2 batches Mexi-Coleslaw Mix
- Toppings: chopped tomatoes, diced avocados, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired.
- 2. Whisk together tempura batter mix, beer, and fajita seasoning in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 325°. Dip shrimp in tempura batter, shaking off excess. Fry shrimp, in batches, 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden; drain on a wire rack over paper towels.
- 4. Place Mexi-Coleslaw Mix in a serving bowl; top with shrimp. Serve with desired toppings.
- Note: We tested with McCormick Golden Dipt Tempura Seafood Batter Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads