I agree it cooks longer than the times stated, though since I like my vegetables ala dente I steamed this by placing a cover on top and cooked for an additional 5 minutes longer than the recipe stated. Added the parsley basil & lemon juice at the end it was fresh delicious and I thought stand alone dish, not needing to be placed over any heavy starches.
We swapped tempeh for traditional eggplant in this ratatouille. Use any fresh vegetable combination in this easy sauté.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 163
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 16.3g
- Carbohydrate: 17.2g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 440mg
- Calcium: 132mg
- 1 teaspoon extravirgin olive oil
- 8 ounces organic tempeh, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth (such as Swanson Certified Organic)
- 1 cup yellow squash, cut into (1-inch) cubes (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 cup zucchini, cut into (1/2-inch) cubes (about 1/2 pound)
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (1/2-inch) pieces red bell pepper (about 1/2 large pepper)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 500°.
- Combine oil and tempeh in a baking pan coated with cooking spray, tossing to coat tempeh. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until tempeh is browned on the edges, stirring once.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes or until browned. Stir in salt, crushed red pepper, and garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add broth; bring to a boil. Stir in tempeh, squash, zucchini, and mushrooms; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and bell pepper; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in basil, parsley, and juice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes