- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package organic tempeh, cut into 24 pieces
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups bagged baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- 2/3 cup sliced cherry tomato
- 2/3 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- calories 319
- fat 16.2 g
- satfat 3.7 g
- monofat 7.1 g
- polyfat 3 g
- protein 16.4 g
- carbohydrate 29.8 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 2.9 mg
- sodium 468 mg
- calcium 194 mg
How to Make It
Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add tempeh; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once. Add 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons juice to pan; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes, turning once.
Combine 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and the next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl.
Combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, spinach, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
Warm tortillas according to the package directions. Spread 2 teaspoons yogurt mixture over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 3/4 cup spinach mixture and 6 pieces tempeh; roll up. Cut each rolled tortilla in half crosswise.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.