Community Recipe from
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery (~2 stalks) finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano
- 3 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 package(s) tempeh (8 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon(s) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 can(s) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 cup(s) dry white wine
- 2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) vegan Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup(s) low-fat evaporated skim milk
- (For speedy prep, pulse onion through garlic in food processor until chopped)
- 1. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, oregano, and garlic, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables are browned, stirring often.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp. oil in separate skillet over medium heat. Add tempeh, and brown 2 minutes on each side. Add soy sauce and 1/2 cup water. Cook tempeh 5 minutes more, or until liquid has absorbed. Break tempeh into small crumbles with spatula.
- 3. Stir tempeh, tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce into onion mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk, and simmer 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ftcollinsco and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note