Tee's Corn Pudding
If you'd like to add Southwestern flair to this traditional recipe, try our flavor variation, which adds spicy green chiles.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)*
- Combine first 4 ingredients.
- Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until deep golden and set. Let pudding stand 5 minutes.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Silver Queen corn.
- *6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.
- Southwestern Corn Pudding: Stir in 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tee's Corn Pudding Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables