Tea-Thyme Grilled Chicken
Pounding the chicken breasts makes them even and thinner, reducing the grilling time.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
Grill: 8 Minutes
- Calories: 155
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 3.9g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 6 skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened instant iced tea mix*
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to a 1/2-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Place chicken in a shallow dish or large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Stir together orange juice and next 7 ingredients. Reserve 1/2 cup orange juice mixture; set aside. Pour remaining mixture over chicken. Cover or seal and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Sprinkle chicken evenly with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Coat cold grill rack with cooking spray, and place on grill. Grill chicken over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 minutes on each side or until done. (Do not overcook.)
- Place reserved orange juice mixture in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup; cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with chicken.
- *Substitute 1 family-size tea bag or 4 single-serve tea bags for unsweetened tea mix. Microwave orange juice at HIGH for 1 minute. Steep tea bag in hot orange juice 10 minutes. Remove tea bag. Chill orange juice mixture while preparing chicken. Proceed with recipe as directed.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nestea Unsweetened instant iced tea mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note