Tasty Tuna Fish Cakes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) floury potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 tablespoon(s) creamed horseradish
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh parsley
- 3 scallions chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) canned corn drained
- 6 ounce(s) can tuna chunks drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) plain flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- tartar sauce & lemon wedges, to serve
- Swaps For tuna, use a can of pink salmon
- 1.) Make the mashed potatoes-Cook the potatoes in a pot of boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain thoroughly, then return to the pot with the utter and mash until very smooth.
- 2.) Add the flavourings-Add the horseradish, parsley, scallions, and corn to the hot mashed potato and stir until thoroughly mixed, then add the tuna and season to taste. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- 3.) Make the fish cakes-Shape the mixture into eight thick flat cakes, each measuring about 2 3/4 in. in diameter. Dust then on both sides with the flour.
- 4.) Cook the fish cakes- Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan. Add the fish cakes and cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until well browned, turning them carefully with a slotted spatula. If you don't have a large enough pan, cook the fish cakes in two batches, keeping the first batch warm while you cook the second, Serve with tartar sauce & lemon wedges.
- 360 cals/16g pro/15.5 g fat/5g sat/ 41g carb
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MinamiGnau702 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tasty Tuna Fish Cakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes