Tasty Tex-Mex Mashed Potato Bake
Tasty Tex-Mex Mashed Potato Bake gets a spicy kick with the addition of chorizo sausage, green chiles, and pepper Jack cheese. Mashed potatoes will never be boring again!
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 4 pounds baking potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups warm buttermilk
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1 1/4 cups (5 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chorizo sausage
- 1. Peel potatoes; cut into 2-inch pieces. Bring potatoes, 2 tsp. salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat; boil 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to Dutch oven, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are dry.
- 2. Mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency. Stir in warm buttermilk, warm milk, melted butter, pepper, and 1 tsp. salt, stirring just until blended.
- 3. Stir in green chiles, pepper Jack cheese, and chorizo sausage, and spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2-qt. baking dish or 8 (10-oz.) ramekins. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note