Tasty cheese bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup(s) warm water (105`f to 115`f)
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) toasted wheat germ
- 5 cup(s) bread flour (approximately) or
- 5 cup(s) all-purpose flour (approximately)
- 2 cup(s) grated,sharp yellow cheddar cheese heaping
- 1 cup(s) warm water
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 4 tablespoon(s) poppy seed
- 1)Dissolve yeast in warm water.2)Set aside for about 5 minutes.3)In large bowl,mix milk,oil,honey and salt.4)Stir in wheat germ and 1 cup of the flour,beating well.5)Add cheese,yeast mixture and 1 cup warm water,blending well.6)Slowly add remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.7)Knead into a smooth ball.8)Place in buttered bowl,turning once.9)Cover.10)Let rise about 1 hour.11)Punch down.12)Shape into 2 loaves and place into buttered pans.13)Cover.14)Let rise about 30 minutes to top of pans.15)Brush with egg.16)Sprinkle generously with poppy seeds.17)Bake at 400`f for 25 to 30 minutes,or until done.18)Remove from oven and immediately take out of pans.19)Cool on racks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by becy420 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note