Tasso Maque Choux
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 tb Olive oil
- 4 oz Tasso; diced
- 1 c Chopped onions
- 6 Ears Sweet corn; kernels
- 1 tb Chopped garlic
- 1/2 c Chopped green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Cayenne pepper
- 1 c Tomatoes Peeled; seeded and chopped
- 1 c Heavy cream
- 1 c Chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat, render the Tasso for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onions, corn, garlic and peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the corn is tender. Stir in the cream and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Reseason with salt and pepper if needed. Stir in the parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note