- 8 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tasso ham (about 6 ounces)*
- Whisk yolks in top of a double boiler; gradually whisk in lemon juice and wine. Place over hot water (do not boil). Add butter, 1/3 cup at a time, whisking until smooth; whisk in salt and red pepper. Cook, whisking constantly, 10 minutes or until thickened and a thermometer registers 160°. Stir in tasso. Serve immediately.
- *1/2 cup diced, cooked andouille sausage may be substituted.
- Kitchen Express: Prepare 2 (0.9-ounce) packages hollandaise sauce mix according to package directions; stir in tasso. For testing purposes only, we used Knorr Hollandaise Sauce Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note