- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Champagne or white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- calories 110
- caloriesfromfat 98 %
- protein 0.3 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- carbohydrate 0.4 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- sodium 61 mg
- cholesterol 22 mg
How to Make It
Combine oils in a glass measuring cup.
Put egg yolks, salt, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne in a blender or food processor. With motor running, gradually add oil in a steady stream, starting with a very slow drizzle. Once sauce begins to thicken, add oil more quickly.
Scrape into a bowl and fold in chopped ingredients. Taste the sauce and adjust with salt, lemon, vinegar, or cayenne; you want the flavor to be zippy.
Make ahead: Up to 1 day, chilled.