I like the tart yogurt now sold at frozen yogurt shops and I'm happy to learn how easy it is to make it myself. Glad to have found a RECIPE that show me how. Don't worry about starting with "tart and tangy" yogurt because all yogurt can be described as tart and tangy and will work in this recipe.
Tart 'n' Tangy Fro-Yo
Time: 25 minutes, plus 2 hours to freeze. The quality of yogurt really matters here; look for brands without unnecessary additives (Straus Family Creamery is our favorite). We prefer a fairly tangy yogurt, so add more sugar if you want yours sweeter. Like most frozen desserts, this fro-yo tastes best when fresh.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 121
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 5.8g
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- 32 ounces (about 4 cups) plain nonfat yogurt
- About 3/4 cup sugar
- 1. In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt and sugar until sugar dissolves. Taste and add more sugar if you like.
- 2. Spoon mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Transfer yogurt to a container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Make ahead: Freeze up to 1 week. Let soften at room temperature about 45 minutes before scooping, or microwave a few seconds until softened.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1/2-cup serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note