Tart Cherry Cake
Photo: Charles Schiller; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $.89
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 343
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 34mg
- Sodium: 163mg
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 14 1/2-oz. can sour or tart cherries, drained
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour melted butter into an 8-inch square baking pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cherries with 1 Tbsp. flour and 1/2 cup sugar. Mix until ingredients are well incorporated.
- 3. In a large bowl, mix together baking powder and remaining flour and sugar. Stirring constantly, gradually add milk to mixture and combine to form a thin batter. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- 4. Pour batter into pan over melted butter; spread out evenly. (Do not mix butter and batter together.) Spread cherry mixture evenly over batter. Bake until cake is golden brown on top and just firm to the touch, about 45 minutes.
Also featured in: Get Ready for Summer Special, All You, 2014
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note