Tarragon Pesto and Pear Melt
Yield: Makes 5 to 8 appetizer servings
- 1 1/2 cups lightly packed rinsed parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon (or 4 teaspoons dried tarragon)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 firm-ripe pears (8 to 9 oz. each)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 baguette (about 10 oz.)
- 1 3/4 cups shredded gruyère cheese
- Fresh-ground pepper
- 1. In a food processor, whirl parsley, parmesan cheese, olive oil, tarragon, garlic until finely chopped.
- 2. Rinse, peel, core, and slice pears; in a bowl, mix with lemon juice.
- 3. Slice baguette in half crosswise, then lengthwise. Arrange pieces cut side up on a 10- by 15-inch baking sheet and broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until lightly browned, 1 1/2 to 2 miuntes.
- 4. Spread tarragon pesto on toasted bread. Overlap pear slices on top. Sprinkle gruyère cheese evenly over pears, then generously grind pepper over cheese.
- 5. Return to broiler until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Slice diagonally into 1 1/2- to 2-inch-wide pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers