My husband said this is the best chicken salad he's every had. Make sure to use fresh (not dried) tarragon!
Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Apple
Nestle this unique chicken salad in a baguette with thin apple slices and shaved Parmesan. Use a vegetable peeler to shave off pieces from a block of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 45.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 762mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (8.5-ounce) loaf French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 4 equal pieces
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 12 shaved pieces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 0.4 ounces)
- 1. Combine shallots and tarragon vinegar in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and tarragon; stir well to combine. Reserve 3 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture. Add chicken to remaining mayonnaise mixture; stir well.
- 2. Spread about 2 teaspoons reserved mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each baguette portion. Top each with 1 lettuce leaf. Divide apple slices and shaved cheese evenly among sandwiches. Top each sandwich evenly with 1/2 cup chicken salad and remaining bread half. Chill until ready to serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note