My husband said this is the best chicken salad he's every had. Make sure to use fresh (not dried) tarragon!
Tarragon Chicken Salad Sandwiches with Apple
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 28.5g
- Carbohydrate: 45.3g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 762mg
- Calcium: 55mg
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 (8.5-ounce) loaf French bread baguette, cut diagonally into 4 equal pieces
- 4 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 12 shaved pieces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 0.4 ounces)
- 1. Combine shallots and tarragon vinegar in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and tarragon; stir well to combine. Reserve 3 tablespoons mayonnaise mixture. Add chicken to remaining mayonnaise mixture; stir well.
- 2. Spread about 2 teaspoons reserved mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each baguette portion. Top each with 1 lettuce leaf. Divide apple slices and shaved cheese evenly among sandwiches. Top each sandwich evenly with 1/2 cup chicken salad and remaining bread half. Chill until ready to serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note