served it for a baby shower. Fresh tarragon a must... Refrigerated for 24 hours and added an additional 1/2 cup of mayo, lemon and tarragon mixture. I forgot the pecans but it was still very good! I will make sure I wont forget next time!!
Tarragon Chicken Salad
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
More From Southern Living
Total: 2 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups diced Granny Smith apples
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1. Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add pecans, and cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in chicken and next 3 ingredients just until blended. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours; stir in 1/2 cup toasted pecans just before serving. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note