The dish was quick and easy, and the chicken was very moist but rather bland.
Add the remaining olive oil-tarragon mixture at the final stage of the cooking process to preserve its full-bodied taste and citrus essence. This fast and easy chicken entre is ideal for weeknight guests.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 251
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 39.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 329mg
- Calcium: 23mg
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or small heavy skillet. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Combine olive oil and remaining 5 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons oil mixture to pan, spreading evenly over bottom of pan with a wide spatula. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes. Drizzle chicken with 2 teaspoons oil mixture. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Drizzle remaining oil mixture over chicken; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until done. Transfer chicken to a serving platter. Pour pan drippings over chicken; serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note