- 3 (1-ounce) slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup tarama, carp roe, or caviar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon sweet or smoked sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Additional tarama, carp roe, or caviar
- Pita chips
How to Make It
Tear bread into pieces, and place in a small bowl. Drizzle milk over bread, tossing to moisten.
Combine soaked bread, tarama, and next 5 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor running, slowly add olive oil through food chute, processing until mixture is mousse-like and fluffy. If too thick, add 2 tablespoons water to thin slightly. Spoon into a bowl; cover and chill at least 1 hour. Top with additional tarama. Serve with pita chips.