Be sure to use full-flavored olives in this appetizer.
Yield: 1 cup
- 1 (6-ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar*
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pulse first 6 ingredients and, if desired, rum in a blender or food processor 3 or 4 times. Gradually add olive oil, and pulse 3 or 4 times or until mixture forms a coarse paste, stopping to scrape down sides. Serve with fresh raw vegetables and toasted French baguette slices.
- * White wine vinegar may be substituted for sherry vinegar.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tapenade Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Dips/Spreads, Sauces/Condiments
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Make-Ahead, No-Cook, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: American
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Vegetables
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Meatless
- COOKING METHOD: Blender, Food Processor
- OCCASION: Birthdays/Anniversaries, Father's Day, New Year's, Super Bowl
- PUBLICATION: Southern Living