- 1 (6-ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar*
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon rum (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Pulse first 6 ingredients and, if desired, rum in a blender or food processor 3 or 4 times. Gradually add olive oil, and pulse 3 or 4 times or until mixture forms a coarse paste, stopping to scrape down sides. Serve with fresh raw vegetables and toasted French baguette slices.
* White wine vinegar may be substituted for sherry vinegar.