Tangy Strawberries and Shrimp
"Strawberries: Beyond Desserts" by Michael Hastiings. Based on a recipe pairing shrimp with melon, with an Asian flair, by Mark Allison, dean of culinary education at Johnson & Wales University: Charlotte, NC. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: May 4, 2011.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon(s) organic honey
- 2 teaspoon(s) nam pia (Thai fish sauce)
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated lemon zest
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 Thai red chilies, finely diced
- 6 ounce(s) cooked and shelled shrimp
- 1/3 cup(s) unsalted roasted almonds, lightly chopped
- 2 cup(s) strawberries, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoon(s) chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped mint leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the garlic, honey, nam pia, lemon zest, lime juice, lime zest and chilies.
- 2. Fold in the shrimp and almonds, add the strawberries and stir to combine. Sprinkle and stir in chopped cilantro and mint; serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note