Tangy Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2.5 pound(s) boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup(s) hot water
- 1/4 cup(s) white sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- Arrange onion slices evenly over the bottom of the slow cooker, and then place the roast on top of the onion. In a bowl, mix together water, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and hot sauce; pour over roast.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours, or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- From reviewer:
- I couldn't give this a 5 rating because I more than tripled the seasonings (specially the garlic), and I cut back a little on the sugar/ketchup (which is already pretty sweet). I also cut the vinegar in half. Basically, I used your ingredients and then modified them to our taste. I read the reviews and most of the people whorated it low complained that is was bland. I learned from a friend on this site (sdk999) that when you cook in a slow cooker you have to increase your seasonings and I have to agree.
- From another:
- Fantastic! I bought a roast from M&M meat shops, and defrosted it. I put potatoes in the bottom, covered by an onion, the roast over that, and filled in the sides of the slow cooker with baby carrots. I poured the sauce over top and left it alone. It was FANTASTIC!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone. The pork was tender and juicy. The vegetables were done to perfection!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note