I have been making this recipe since it came out in the 2008 issue. It is the only one I use and I get rave reviews every time I make it. My son even called me from Texas for the recipe so he could take it to a BBQ bash. It was a huge hit there too!
Tangy Mustard Coleslaw
This crisp, creamy salad is good with burgers or fish sandwiches. Add a dash of hot sauce to mustard mixture for extra spiciness.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 58
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 0.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Carbohydrate: 12.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 172mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 7 cups finely shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Combine cabbage, onion, and 1 cup carrot in a large bowl. Combine white wine vinegar, sugar, mustard, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, and red pepper in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add the mustard mixture to cabbage mixture, and toss well to coat. Cover and chill for 20 minutes. Stir before serving.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note