Tangy Mixed Vegetables
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, undrained
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sauté mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion in a large nonstick skillet 5 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Pour juice into skillet; set pineapple chunks aside. Add carrot and next 3 ingredients to juice; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until carrot is tender.
- Stir in mushroom mixture, pineapple chunks, water chestnuts, and remaining ingredients; cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note