doubled recipe, put into two-9
Tangy Lemon Tart Filling
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)*
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 drops liquid yellow food coloring
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch in a heavy, nonaluminum, medium saucepan; gradually whisk in lemon juice, eggs, and butter. Cook mixture, whisking constantly, over medium-low heat 8 to 12 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, add food coloring, and let stand 10 minutes.
- *1/2 cup thawed lemon juice may be substituted.
- Note: You may double this recipe and cook it in one saucepan if you need two recipes of the filling. For testing purposes only, we used Minute Maid 100% Pure Lemon Juice From Concentrate. It can be found with the other frozen juices and lemonades at your grocery store.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This