Tangy Lemon-Cucumber Chicken Salad Croissants
A bouquet of herbs, plus lemon and cucumber, blend with the meatiness of roast chicken to make a stellar sandwich. Using a crisp cucumber is key; it keeps the croissants from getting soggy. Prep Time: 35 minutes. Notes: A 2 1/2- to 3-lb. rotisserie-cooked chicken will give you about 3 cups of meat.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 56%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Sodium: 600mg
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped brined capers
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded roast chicken (see Notes)
- 1/2 English (hothouse) cucumber, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 6 green onions, sliced, including some green tops
- 8 to 10 mini croissants
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, herbs, capers, salt, and pepper.
- 2. In a large bowl, toss together chicken, cucumber, and green onions. Add dressing to chicken mixture and stir to evenly coat filling.
- 3. Halve croissants lengthwise. Fill bottoms with salad, dividing evenly, and set tops on salad.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per mini sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note