Delicious!! Served this for lunch with guests and everyone liked it a lot! Definitely not too spicy. I substituted 3 poblano peppers for the banana peppers, since my store did not have any banana peppers in stock. Followed recipe otherwise, and served with cole slaw. Will make again!!!!
Tangy Italian Beef Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
Total: 8 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 15.9g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Carbohydrate: 24.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 86mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 588mg
- Calcium: 94mg
- 3 banana peppers
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 7 bottled pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 2 1/4 pounds chuck roast, trimmed and halved
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) sandwich rolls, toasted
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Arrange peppers on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes or until blackened in spots, turning occasionally. Place peppers in a 6-quart electric slow cooker. Add vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and red pepper; stir to combine. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper, and chopped pepperoncini.
- 3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef; cook 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Place beef in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until beef is very tender. Remove beef from cooker; shred with 2 forks. Stir beef and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt into cooking liquid. Divide beef mixture evenly among sandwich rolls, spooning out with a slotted spoon. Serve any extra sauce for dipping.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note