I've made this twice; both times making slight alterations. It has received rave reviews. Next time I make it, I'm keeping the seeds in the jalapeÃ±o!
Tangy Green Zebra Gazpacho
Photo: © Earl Carter
- 2 pounds Green Zebra tomatoes, cored and coarsely chopped plus 1 Green Zebra tomato cut into small wedges for garnish
- 1 seedless cucumber, unpeeled and coarsely chopped plus finely diced unpeeled cucumber for garnish
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Hass avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed and seeded
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, combine half each of the coarsely chopped green tomatoes, cucumber and onion with the avocado, jalapeño, garlic, lime juice and 1 cup of cold water and puree until smooth. Transfer the puree to a large bowl.
- Add the remaining coarsely chopped green tomatoes, cucumber and onion to the blender along with the 2 tablespoons of mint, the cilantro and 1/4 cup of olive oil and pulse to a chunky puree. Add the puree to the bowl and stir well. Refrigerate the soup until well chilled, about 1 hour. Season the gazpacho with salt and pepper and ladle it into chilled bowls. Garnish the cold soup with the tomato wedges, diced cucumber, mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews