Tangy Berries-and-Cheese Salad
More From Southern Living
Bake: 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 (5-oz.) package mâche (about 4 cups), thoroughly washed*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled farmer's cheese**
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir in basil. Add mâche; toss to combine. Top with strawberries, farmer's cheese, and toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
- *4 cups Bibb lettuce may be substituted.
- **Queso fresco may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This