- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1 (5-oz.) package mâche (about 4 cups), thoroughly washed*
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup crumbled farmer's cheese**
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Bake almonds in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until toasted and fragrant.
Whisk together oil and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; stir in basil. Add mâche; toss to combine. Top with strawberries, farmer's cheese, and toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
*4 cups Bibb lettuce may be substituted.
**Queso fresco may be substituted.