Sorghum is a type of grass and comes in flour and syrup form. For this recipe, I would get the syrup form which you can find in a health food store. Molasses are made of sugar cane and are completely different from sorghum. Don't get those mixed up.
Tangy Barbecue Sauce
For a flavorful glaze, brush this sauce on ribs, pork chops, or chicken the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Yield: about 3 cups
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup steak sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sorghum
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 4 dashes hot sauce
- Dash of seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons pineapple marmalade (optional)
- Cook first 9 ingredients and, if desired, marmalade in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments