Extremely flavorful; however, I did not have mustard so I substituted the mustard for a Worcester based steak sauce and used extra virgin olive in the pan instead of cooking spray. Nice for quiet dinner at home.
Tangy Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks
Try this saucy, tangy chicken drumstick recipe that's big on flavor but not on calories.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 drumsticks)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 25.9g
- Carbohydrate: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Calcium: 24mg
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 pounds), skinned
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl; set aside.
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add onion, and sauté, 4 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Remove onion mixture from pan.
- Recoat pan with cooking spray; add chicken, and brown well on all sides. Add onion mixture, and drizzle evenly with balsamic mixture. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Turn chicken; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note