Tangor Shrimp Seviche
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 large tangors or tangerines, peeled, seeded, and divided into segments
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Garnishes: tangor or tangerine wedges, fresh cilantro, endive leaves
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a stainless steel or glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Combine onion and next 5 ingredients in a separate bowl. Drain shrimp, reserving half of liquid. Stir shrimp and reserved liquid into onion mixture. Spoon into individual glasses; garnish, if desired.
- Note: For firmer texture, cook shrimp in boiling water to cover for 30 seconds. Plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and proceed with recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Tangor Shrimp Seviche Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers