I made this but added cumin to round out the flavor. It was very good however next time will make a bit more sauce.
Tandoori-Style Cauliflower (Tandoori Gobhi)
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 84
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.8g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 277mg
- Calcium: 70mg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups water
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- Spice mix:
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 (1-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely ground blanched almonds (about 1/2 ounce)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons plain whole milk yogurt
- Remaining Ingredient:
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare cauliflower, bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan. Add cauliflower florets; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes or just until tender (do not overcook). Drain.
- To prepare spice mix, combine cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and bay leaf in a medium nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Place mixture in a coffee or spice grinder; process until ground.
- To prepare sauce, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in cardamom mixture, almonds, and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place onion mixture and 1/3 cup water in a blender, and process until almost smooth, scraping sides of blender occasionally. Place onion mixture in skillet; gradually stir in yogurt. Cook over low heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place cauliflower in a shallow 2-quart baking dish; pour onion mixture over cauliflower, tossing to coat. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and just beginning to brown. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables